From Monday 2 October 2023, interim results from Awanui laboratories will display in Health Connect South (HCS) for both hospital and community testing.
This change will see:
- Results showing as ‘pending’ when a request is registered at the laboratory.
- As soon as a result is entered, the report will be updated in HCS. If the result is not final, a yellow diamond will appear next to the result to indicate it is an interim result.
- This will be replaced by the final result when the report is complete.
This is a significant change to what is currently shown so please communicate this to all clinicians.
Please see below how results will be displayed in HCS.
- A test which is collected with no results will as pending and with white diamonds.
- Once a result is entered, but not finalised, it will show with a yellow diamond.
- Any amended result will show with a blue diamond.
- Once the report is finalised, the diamonds will no longer appear (apart for any constituent which has been amended).