Wellington SCL and Taranaki Pathology Services are currently undergoing an upgrade to a new Laboratory Information System (LIS). Wellington SCL and Taranaki Pathology Services will transition to the new LIS system on 22nd July 2023.
On the date of the transfer to the new LIS, the Lab Result Codes coming back from Wellington SCL and Taranaki Pathology Services will be different to the current Lab Result Codes used by the old LIS, and in many cases the Test Names will be slightly different also.
In order to ensure consistency in the Screening Term Mappings in Evolution when providers file Inbox Results for patients, existing Inbox Screening Terms mapped to the old LIS Test Result Codes will need to be re-mapped to the corresponding new LIS Test Result codes.
Practices can choose to re-map their Inbox Screening Terms for Wellington SCL and Taranaki Pathology Services Test Result Codes manually, or by using an ‘Inbox Screening Mapping’ Utility program developed by Medtech in conjunction with Wellington SCL and Taranaki Pathology Services which is now ready for download and installation.
The ‘Inbox Screening Mapping’ Utility will automatically map the current LIS Inbox Screening Terms to the corresponding new LIS Subject and Result Codes.
This update must be run BEFORE the 22nd July 2023 to ensure that all Lab Mappings are updated before you start to receive results from the new LIS system.
Please arrange for installation at a time convenient to your practice.
Lab Screening Mapping update is available as follows:
- Visit the Insight Customer Portal at: https://insight.medtechglobal.com/downloads/evolution-general-practice/
- Enter your User Name and Password
- Locate the update called Lab Screening Mapping Update – Wellington & Taranaki (July 2023)
- Download the Lab Screening Mapping Update
- Download the supporting Release Notes and Installation Instructions for this update
- This update MUST be run on the Medtech Evolution Database Server
- Ensure you are logged onto the Medtech Evolution server with full administrative rights
- Users can remain logged into the Medtech Evolution application whilst running this update, but must log out and back in again to see the changes
- Perform the update following the Installation Instructions provided
- Ensure Release Documentation has been read and understood
For more information visit the Insight Portal: insight.medtechglobal.com