A reminder that we are upgrading our Laboratory Information Systems. Here is how it will affect community referrers.
From 22nd July 2023, Wellington SCL will be going live with upgrades to its Laboratory Information System (LIS). This is part of a nationwide initiative that will refresh our existing LIS. Not only does this upgrade make for a more robust system, but it will standardise test names, codes, comments, and reference ranges across the country and where appropriate it will implement HISO standards such as NZPOCS and LOINC.
Three main changes
Referrers are not required to take any actions as a result of the LIS upgrade; however, they can expect to notice three main changes when it comes to reporting:
1. The cumulation of some results in Practice Management Systems (PMS) will reset with different test codes and/or names. Cumulation will start again with the new test code and names. All previous results will still appear in your PMS as usual.
2. There are some comment changes. This is the result of our clinical teams reviewing ALL current comments and selecting the most appropriate comments to bring into the new system
3. In some instances, you will notice minor changes to values, decimal points, and reference ranges. Again, these changes come after a review by clinical staff and have been made to standardise resulting.
Users of Medtech-32 and Evolution will be provided with Release Notes/Installation Instructions for “Inbox Screening Mapping Update by your PMS provider. The update will re-map Inbox Screening Terms to the new LIS Test result codes. The update does not re-map Patient Inbox. Please ensure you follow the instructions for the update and install as required by 22nd July 2023.
- Click here to view the MedTech Release Update information.
- Users of Indici PMS – no changes are required.
Questions and Support
Any questions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org